Friday, February 18, 2011

Though You Tell Me Not by: Evangeline Guerrero

I know you love me, though you tell me not, I know you hold me captive for always In the strong nets of your life, Celestial thurible of a perennial dream.
Though you tell me not that without me You cannot live, My desire tells me tis all true: That many sad flowers girdle your forehead If when depressed, you think of an Awakening.
What shall I tell you? I look at you and I am silent. Well do you comprehend now my deep Silence. The star turned flower in the distant sky Contemplates its shadow on the waters Without fear.
Let my sorrow on your breast repose, Like a weary traveling dove. Beneath the tepid shade of the tranquil Orchard Let us the kind caress of peace enjoy.
May repose be a song, a serenade, While in the hour serene we baste The ripened dreams of past epochs That with effluvium fill our old souls.
Though you tell me not you think of me, That all of me in your heart you keep, Return to remembrance shall I and finding You, Though you tell me not I shall know that It is love!

1 comment:

  1. For me, don't make someone feel that you love them especially if not.

    When you love the person, say it and make them feel the true feelings coming from you.

    ReplyDelete